Get job ready for 2024 with GSA’s Transition to Employment Workshops.
GSA is hosting a series of workshops that deep-dive into how to best transition from study to the workforce.
These workshops are held over the Semester 2 break to get you geared up for a new job in 2024.
- Workshops for international students
- Workshops for professionals
Each workshop program involves intensive workshops covering everything you need to transition into employment including career planning, CV writing, leveraging LinkedIn, labour market trends, market research, recruitment tactics and interview training.
There are limited numbers to these workshops so first in, first served.
Feedback from previous students
- 100% of students felt more confident in career planning as a direct result of attending this workshop
- 91% of students felt more confident in understanding job ads and position descriptions
- 100% of students felt more confident in writing their CV
- 100% of students felt more confident in using LinkedIn for career development
- 91% of students felt more confident in networking
- 100% of students felt more confident in finding job opportunities
- 100% of students felt more confident in preparing job applications
- 100% of students felt more confident in interviewing
- 100% of responses said they strongly agree that they were satisfied with the materials provided before, during, and after the workshop
- 87% of students found it so valuable, they would have paid a fee for the program
Upcoming dates and events
REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED
Each International Student workshop involves
X2 sessions that run for 4.5 hours each. To complete the
workshop you must attend both sessions.
Dates (group 1) REGISTRATIONS CLOSED FOR GROUP 1
Wednesday, 22nd November 10am – 2.30pm AND
Wednesday, 29th November 10am – 2.30pm
Tuesday, 21st November 10am – 2:30pm AND
Tuesday, 28th November 10am – 2.30pm
To complete the workshop you must attend both sessions.
Thursday, 23rd November: 10am – 2.30pm AND
Thursday, 30th November 10am – 2.30pm
This Transition to Employment workshop program is for students with prior full-time work experience who are looking to change careers, get a promotion or re-enter the workforce.
This Transition to Employment workshop program is for international students who want to secure their first full-time job in Australia after the completion of their studies.
Please note that all sessions will be run via Zoom. Please apply using the form below.
Transition to Employment Workshops have now finished for 2023. Please follow us on social media for updates for 2024