2016 Cash prize for a work of art or craft
Graduate students submit a work of art or craft to GSA and win cash prizes.
View the 2016 terms and conditions for entry.
1. By entering this competition, you agree to these Terms and Conditions:
2. The 2016 GSA Art Prize is an annual competition restricted to all currently enrolled Melbourne University Graduate Students.
3. There will be four cash prizes awarded: $1000 (1st prize), $500 (2nd prize) and $250 (3rd prize). A popular vote entry will also win $250.
4. Only one entry per student is accepted.
5. Receipt of entries will be via Reception at GSA, no later than 2pm Friday 9 September 2016.
6. To be eligible for entry, students must complete a 2016 GSA Art Prize Entry Form and submit it to Reception with the artwork.
7. Entries will be exhibited and winners announced at Gryphon Gallery, 1888 Building, 4–6pm Thursday 15 September 2016.
8. ‘Popular vote’ winner is based on an aggregate vote score.
9. Entries of any medium are accepted, 2D or 3D. Entries must be physical and cannot be submitted online.
10. Entries must not:
11. The entrant must warrant that they are the creator of the work, within the past 12 months.
12. GSA cannot accept responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries.
13. Entrants are responsible for maintaining their own insurance coverage for works in transit. The works will be covered by GSA insurance while in storage, and on exhibition.
14. The judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entries considered to be offensive, or that do not comply with the values of the GSA may be rejected.
16. Copyright remains with the entrant, however by participating in the GSA Art Prize the entrant grants the following rights to GSA:
17. GSA reserves the right to exclude an entry or withdraw a prize in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy the Entry Requirements or these Terms and Conditions.
18. Entrants must collect their works via Reception by 2pm Friday 30 September 2016. GSA reserves the right to discard uncollected art works.