Transition to Employment workshops
If you are serious about developing a successful career and want to upgrade your career management skills, come along to the next GSA Transition To Employment Workshops and additional webinars.
Webinars (open to all grad students)
These online webinars are open and free to all graduate students. There is no application needed, just a booking by clicking the link next to each event.
- Webinar: How to write a standout CV – Mon 19 September, 10am – 11am. Click HERE for more info and to book.
- Webinar: How to leverage the power of LinkedIn – Mon 19 September, 1pm – 2pm. Click HERE for more info and to book.
- Webinar: How to secure a part-time job while studying – Tue 20 September, 10am – 11am. Click HERE for more info and to book.
- Webinar: How to interview confidently – Tue 20 September, 1pm – 2pm. Click HERE for more info and to book.
Transition to employment workshops
These employment workshops are a deep-dive into how to best transition from study to the workforce and require an application, as we have limited places.
There are three streams to choose from
- Transition To Employment workshops for international students
- Transition To Employment for mature aged students
- Transition To Employment for academics
Watch Sean, from Future Career Design (formerly CV Writers) as he explains more about what to expect from these intensive workshop programs.
Each workshop program involves 2 x 4.5-hour intensive workshops covering everything you need to transition into employment including career planning, CV writing, leveraging LinkedIn, labour market trends, market research, recruitment tactics and interview training. There are limited numbers to these workshops so first in, first served.
Feedback from previous students
- 100% of students felt more confident in career planning as a direct result of attending this workshop
- 91% of students felt more confident in understanding job ads and position descriptions
- 100% of students felt more confident in writing their CV
- 100% of students felt more confident in using LinkedIn for career development
- 91% of students felt more confident in networking (build a career community)
- 100% of students felt more confident in finding job opportunities
- 100% of students felt more confident in preparing job applications
- 100% of students felt more confident in interviewing
- 100% of responses said they strongly agree that they were satisfied with the materials provided before, during, and after the workshop
- 87% of students found it so valuable, they would have paid a fee for the program
Each workshop will explore the following topics, where you will receive resources and tactics on:
- Planning your career
- Personal branding
- CV writing
- Using LinkedIn for career development
- Cover letters and selection criteria
- Recruitment tactics
- Interview training.
The content will be targeted and specific for the needs of the group.
There are only 18 spots available in each intake. Don’t miss out, register right now using the form below!
Upcoming dates and events
Students must register and attend BOTH sessions of their respective group.
International Students: Tuesday 4 AND Tuesday 11 OctoberFULL – applications now closed. Please check back next semester for more workshops
- Mature Age: Wednesday 5 AND Wednesday 12 October
- Academics: Thursday 6 AND Thursday 13 October
Please note that all sessions will be run via Zoom, apply below.