Transition to Employment workshops
If you are serious about developing a successful career and want to upgrade your career management skills, come along to the next GSA Transition To Employment Workshops and additional webinars.
Transition to employment workshops
These employment workshops are a deep-dive into how to best transition from study to the workforce and require an application, as we have limited places.
There are three streams to choose from
- Transition To Employment workshops for international students
- Transition To Employment for mature aged students
- Transition To Employment for academics
Watch Sean, from Future Career Design (formerly CV Writers) as he explains more about what to expect from these intensive workshop programs.
Each workshop program involves intensive workshops covering everything you need to transition into employment including career planning, CV writing, leveraging LinkedIn, labour market trends, market research, recruitment tactics and interview training. There are limited numbers to these workshops so first in, first served.
Feedback from previous students
- 100% of students felt more confident in career planning as a direct result of attending this workshop
- 91% of students felt more confident in understanding job ads and position descriptions
- 100% of students felt more confident in writing their CV
- 100% of students felt more confident in using LinkedIn for career development
- 91% of students felt more confident in networking (build a career community)
- 100% of students felt more confident in finding job opportunities
- 100% of students felt more confident in preparing job applications
- 100% of students felt more confident in interviewing
- 100% of responses said they strongly agree that they were satisfied with the materials provided before, during, and after the workshop
- 87% of students found it so valuable, they would have paid a fee for the program
Each workshop will explore the following topics, where you will receive resources and tactics on:
- Planning your career
- Personal branding
- CV writing
- Using LinkedIn for career development
- Cover letters and selection criteria
- Recruitment tactics
- Interview training.
The content will be targeted and specific for the needs of the group.
Upcoming dates and events
- Group 1: 4 x 2.5 hour sessions (9.30am-12pm on Wed 15/03, Wed 22/03, Wed 29/03, AND Wed 05/04)
- Group 2: 2 x 4.5 hour sessions (10am-2.30pm Thurs 27/04 AND Thurs 04/05)
- Group 3: 2 x 4.5 hour sessions (10am-2.30pm Wed 28/06 AND Wed 05/07)
Mature Age Students
- Group 1: 4 x 2.5 hour sessions (1pm-3.30pm on Wed 15/03, Wed 22/03, Wed 29/03, AND Wed 05/04)
- Group 2: 2 x 4.5 hour sessions (10am-2.30pm on Wed 26/04 AND Wed 03/05)
- Group 3: 2 x 4.5 hour sessions (10am-2.30pm on Thurs 29/06 AND Thurs 06/07)
- 2 x 4.5 hour sessions (10am-2.30pm on Thurs 18/05 AND Thurs 25/05)
Please note that all sessions will be run via Zoom. Please apply using the form below.