Welcome to the University of Melbourne!
As you embark on your postgraduate study with us, here are some resources to help you settle in.
Arrival and living in Melbourne
- There is a student welcome desk at Melbourne airport. Click here for more info.
- Here’s some information about the cost of living in Victoria.
- You can learn a little about banking in Victoria here.
- Here’s the University’s advice for preparing for your arrival.
- Click here to discover if you’re ready for Melbourne!
- Find out more about housing options through the University here.
- And get advice about accommodation from Study Melbourne here.
Issues with your studies
- Click here for general advice from the University.
- Get advice about balancing your life with your studies here.
- Read GSA’s blog post about where to seek advice if you’re struggling.
- Get ready for life after uni with Mind the Gap.
- Get advice about study skills here or here.
- Find out about Financial Aid options here.
Employability and work rights
- Understand the work conditions on your visa with advice from the University.
- Click here for FairWork’s advice on your rights at work.
- Discover how to be more employable with this ebook.
Visas and migration
- Find out more about your health cover requirements here.
- Click here for info on your visa’s conditions.
- Get information about visas for when you’ve finished your studies here.
Events and activities on campus
- View all the uni’s events here.
- Join in with GSA events here.
- Find out about student precinct events here.
- Discover UMSU events here.
- Information about the Uni health service is here.
- Click here for information about Counselling and Psychological support.
- Get advice in your student health cover here.
- Go on some UniMelb adventures here.
- Get to know your local area with this student’s guide to Carlton.
- Find out what you can expect from your first year at Melbourne.
- Find other student services here.
Sareh is GSA's 2017-2018 International Students' Officer.