GSA’s Town Hall Series aims to provide the opportunity for graduate students at the University of Melbourne to make their voice heard. The series of town hall meeting will be focused on an array of different topics that are of concern to different graduate students.
Town Hall meetings are currently planned for the following topics throughout semester 2, dates are TBC:
- Transition to Work for International Students (Tuesday 8th September 4pm) – Facebook Event – Registration Link
- Academic Excellence for International Students
- Parents and Family at University
- Higher Education Advocacy
The next town hall session is Transition to Work for International Students and will be held on the 8th of September at 4pm via zoom.
This town hall session will be run by GSA and provide a forum for international students to share their experiences on:
- Casual and part-time employment during study
- Placements and internships
- Graduation and the shift to employment
The town hall will provide information and data for GSA to write a consultation paper on how the graduate student experience of transition to work can be improved. The session will be overseen by GSA’s International Graduate Student committee. To register your attendance please use the following link: here
If you wish to submit any topics for discussion, please use the webform below. Ensure you select the Town Hall to which your idea relates.