GSA runs programs designed for graduate students at the University of Melbourne. These programs support graduate students in area such as: study skills, work, volunteering, research, and wellbeing. These terms and conditions apply to the programs that we offer to graduate students.
REGISTERING AND PURCHASING
- By registering for a program you are committing to attendance. If you fail to attend without any compelling reasons this is waste of resources. We reserve the right to limit your attendance to other events at GSA.
- All registration for workshops will be conducted online. Payment if required will be conducted through a credit card or PayPal account.
- If a third party is ordering for you they can enter your details and pay on your behalf.
- If you have purchased a student or staff ticket, please make sure you bring your student or staff card when you attend the workshop. GSA may check student IDs. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who is reasonably suspected of deliberately purchasing the wrong ticket.
- We will only provide refunds according to the following notice period:
- More than 14 days: 100% refund
- Less than 14 days: 50% refund
- 72 hours prior to or on the start date: no refund unless you have proven compassionate or medical reasons
- Please allow 5-7 working days for refunds to be processed.
- Please read the course description carefully before attending programs.
- Contact email@example.com to enquire about refunds.
CLOSE DOOR POLICY
- When we run a program, we expect attendees to arrive at least 5 minutes before the programs starts. This is to helps us sign in or take orders to the program.
- Early is on time, and on time is late. Late attendees hold up proceedings for everyone else.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to attendees to any program if they do not arrive within 5 minutes after a clearly advertised start time: late attendees will not be issued any refunds.
CANCELLATIONS AND SCHEDULE CHANGES
- It rarely happens, but we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule workshops due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of this happening we will refund your registration fee back on to the PayPal or Credit Card you used to make the original payment.
- If we can reschedule, you will have the option of attending or receiving a refund.PRICING
- We offer an expanding range of highly subsidised and high-quality programs.
- Our to-rating programs can cost in excess of $100 per participant to deliver.
- We offer free programs and if we charge we charge reasonable and highly competitive rates for University of Melbourne (UoM) graduate students. Our base rate for a program is $15.
- By paying a small fee, you are generously supporting GSA and ensuring that it can offer more events and activities for graduate students.
- A small fee also encourages graduate students to value our programs and helps minimise the drop out rate.
- We do however waive fees for students who are low income, who have significant financial hardship and are accessing university financial aid or have a concession card, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where relevant there are 4 price categories:
- UoM graduate students (starting at $15);
- UoM undergraduate and non-UoM students (starting at $30);
- UoM staff (starting at $50); and
- externals (starting at $60).
- GSA will prioritise UoM graduate student bookings wherever possible.
- Some events will be charged at higher rates to reflect the significant cost of running the event, and some events will be free.
- If you can find an equivalent program advertised at the same or lower price than GSA’s please email us with the details and we will reconsider our pricing.