Monday 8th March 2021
On International Women’s Day, the panel shared their experiences on women empowerment, challenges, and achievement at the workplace, community, family, university or society.
The panel was hosted by GSA’s CEO, Rachna Muddagouni.
• Isadora Reynolds – GSA’s LGBTIQ Officer
• Afsaneh Seifinaji – GSA’s International Officer
• Lubna Meempatta – President Graduate Group of Student Parents & previous GSA Families Officer
The webinar included discussion on challenges that women face where
• Gender has been an underlining factor that impacted their adverse experiences
• Strategies that can be developed to overcome these kind of issues and challenges
• Importance of having policy platforms to celebrate women achievements in academia.
Safety on Placement Launch
The webinar was a discussion on Safety on Placement for Students on University placements and/or internships – with a focus on the areas of sexual assault, harassment and workplace misconduct.
Webinar Host – GSA’s CEO, Rachna Muddagouni.
• Dr Catherine Allingham – GSA’s Women’s Officer
• Dr Patrick Tidmarsh – Sexual Harm Response Coordinator at UMSU
• Scarlette Do – Co-Founder of Womendeavour at the University of Melbourne
Dr Natasha Abrahams – GSA Senior Policy Coordinator will provide information on the Safety on Placement Survey Participation.
Issues that were be discussed include: Gender Equity at the workplace, safety issues for women at the workplace, collaborative approaches to address these concerns and recommendations to address changes in workplace culture and behaviour.
If you need to seek help relating to issues of sexual assault and harassment, the following resources are available:
University of Melbourne Safer Community Program
- (03) 9035 8675
University of Melbourne Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- (03) 8344 6927
1800RESPECT National counselling helpline (24 hours)
- 1800 737 732
Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)