GSA Closure Resources
We wish you all a safe, happy and healthy holiday!
GSA will be closed from 18th December 2021 until 3rd January 2022. 17/12/2021 will be last working day for this year and 4/1/2022 will be first working day next year.
Please note our phones will not be manned during this time. If you need to contact the University please call 13MELB (13 6352).
Below are resources for you to access during the closure period, including opportunities to volunteer, links to services to help with your wellbeing over the break, family activities and lots of ideas for “things to do”.
Gaining experience over the summer
- Looking to volunteer your time helping others, or gaining experience? Visit Seek Volunteer, or Go Volunteer
- Melbourne Summer Program – Looking for something to do over the summer? Get to know other students, connect with the University of Melbourne community and get a head start on 2021 with the Melbourne Summer Program.
Things to do
Places to visit
- If you’re feeling ready to venture indoors, the National Gallery of Victoria, the Museum, Melbourne Aquarium and Scienceworks are all open!
- If you are hoping for activities to do outside, the Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo are now open!
- For other guides and directories for what might be happening in Melbourne at the moment, you can check Broadsheet, Time Out or Concrete Playground!
Virtual tours available
If you’re not feeling as ready to leave the house too much yet, here are a variety of activities you can do at home!
- Penguins Philip Island are offering some nice virtual resources – tours, live streams, the lot!
- There are virtual tours available for the Australian Reptile Park and the Australian Zoo
Family activities to do at home
- Crayola – great colour resources
- Podcasts for Kids – a helpful list of podcasts available for kids
- Meditation and Mindfulness Podcasts – a series of meditation and mindfulness podcasts to help you with your wellbeing
- Exercise for kids – PE with Joe
How to have a covid-safe picnic
Here is a helpful resource regarding how to picnic safely at the moment – link
If you are needing mental health support, please don’t hesitate to access the wide range of services available to you. If you are in need of immediate help – call Lifeline at 13 11 14, or Beyond Blue via this link
- University of Melbourne Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – The University of Melbourne’s Counselling and Psychological Services provide a lot of helpful options for students.
- CAPS appointments– Phone: 03 8344 6927
- Justice and safer community family violence information – for information on family violence
- Safe Steps– family violence response centre
- Relationships Victoria – for help with relationships
- In Touch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence
- Victoria Legal Aid – for legal assistance
- Free mental health resources for students
- Health services in Australia:
- Beyond Blue– multilingual resources available
- University of Melbourne Health Service
- Health Direct– multilingual health resources
- Co-Health Collingwood– interpreter service available. Women’s service available
- Community Health Directory (from health.vic.gov.au)