Terms and conditions of entry
By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions:
- The GSA Craft Prize 2021 is restricted to currently enrolled University of Melbourne graduate students.
- Only one entry per student is accepted.
- The entrant must warrant that they are the creator of the work, and that it was created within the last 12 months.
- Entries will only be accepted between 9am on Monday 4 October 2021 and 12pm Monday 1 November. GSA will not accept late or misdirected entries.
- The decision regarding the winning entries is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries considered to be offensive or that do not comply with the values of GSA may be rejected.
- Copyright remains with the entrant, however by participating in the GSA Art Prize 2021 the entrant grants the following rights to GSA:
- Permission to display all entries (or part thereof) and publish all entries (or part thereof) on its website or in other websites or locations and for promotional purposes.
- Grant GSA perpetual and non-exclusive license to use photographs for non-commercial purposes in all GSA media.
- GSA reserves the right to exclude an entry or withdraw a prize in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy the Entry Requirements or these Terms and Conditions.
GSA Craft Prize 2021 Entry Requirements
This year, the GSA Craft Prize will be completely virtual. This means that we can only accept digital submissions. These can be in the form of digital art, photography, or a clear photograph of a physical piece of work e.g. a picture of a 2D or 3D piece of work.
Our theme this year is sustainability. You can draw inspiration from environmental sustainability, personal sustainability, social sustainability, economic sustainability…the options are limitless!
Cash prizes will be available as described below. First, second and third place will be judged by a panel. The People’s Choice Award is determined by you (the people participating and viewing all entries).
First Prize: $1000 cash prize
Second Prize: $750 cash prize
Third Prize: $500 cash prize
People’s Choice Award: $250 cash prize
Personal Experience Award: $250 cash prize
Global Sustainability Awareness Award: $100 cash prize
Innovation Award: $100 cash prize
Please ensure that you are submitting a clear photograph(s) of your work as we will be displaying these on our website and in a digital brochure. You are permitted to submit up to four (4) photographs of your work to show different angles.
- Minimum dimensions: 1200 x 1800px
- Maximum dimensions: 5000 x 5000px
- Minimum quality: 300dpi
- Maximum size: 5MB
- Allowed format types: png, jpg, jpeg
- Maximum number of images: four
We recommend a file size between 500KB and 5MB, saved as a compressed high-quality jpg. The image width of large pieces should be about 1900px.
Ensure your images use the following naming convention: 001-sculpturename where 001 is the viewing angle, ie. 045-sculpture is viewing from a 45 degree angle.
If possible, please upload your images of sculptures as .PNG files with cut the sculpture out and a transparent background.
GSA does not take responsibility for low-quality submissions if they do not meet the minimum requirements.
Ensure that any metadata has been cleared before you submit your piece of work. See instructions below on removing metadata.
- Locate image file
- Right click image and select “Properties”
- Select “Details” tab in the pop-up window
- Select “Remove Properties and Personal Information”
- “Remove Properties” window will open, choose “Create a copy with all possible properties removed” and press “OK”
- Send the new copy of the image file with all metadata removed
- Open the image file using “Preview”
- Select “Tools” in your menu
- Select “Show Inspector”
- Select the (i) tab
- Click the “Exif” tab and remove the data
- Send the image file with all metadata removed