2022 Art Prize
This year, the GSA Art Prize will be held at the Art Centre Melbourne whilst also hosting a virtual gallery online. This still means that we will only be accepting digital submissions. These can be in the form of digital art, photographs, or a clear photograph of a physical piece of work e.g. a picture of a 2D or 3D piece of work.
Our theme this year is Resilience. You can draw inspiration from environmental resilience, personal resilience, social resilience, economic resilience…the options are limitless! We’ve all been under unprecedented restrictions and how we relate to resilience over this time is how you can express what resilience means to you. Channel that feeling into a piece, and you can share it with the world!
Cash prizes will be available as described below. First, second and third place will be judged by a panel. The People’s Choice Award is determined by you! The people participating and viewing all entries.
- First Prize – $3,000 cash prize
- Second Prize – $1,000 cash prize
- Third Prize – $750 cash prize
- People’s Choice Award – $500 cash prize
- Personal Experience Award – $500 cash prize
- Global Resilience Thinking Award – $250 cash prize
- Innovation Award – $250 cash prize
Your work can be either
- Digital art
- A clear photograph of a physical piece of work e.g. a picture of a 2D or 3D piece of work
Submissions will open on Monday 19th September and close at 12pm on October 17th 2022, or earlier if capacity is reached.
Terms and conditions of entry
By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions:
- The GSA Art Prize 2022 is restricted to currently enrolled University of Melbourne postgraduate students.
- Only one entry per student is accepted.
- Students can only use their student email for artwork submission.
- The entrant must warrant that they are the creator of the work, within the last 12 months. All artwork will be individually reviewed for authenticity.
- Entries will only be accepted between 9am on 19/9/22 – 12pm 17/10/2022 or earlier if capacity for submissions is reached. GSA will not accept late or misdirected entries.
- The decision regarding the winning entries is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries considered to be offensive or do not comply with the values of GSA may be rejected.
- Copyright remains with the entrant, however by participating in the GSA Craft Prize 2022 the entrant grants the following rights to GSA:
a. Permission to display all entries (or part thereof) and publish all entries (or part thereof) on its website or in other websites or locations and for promotional purposes.
b. Grant GSA perpetual and non-exclusive license to use photographs for non-commercial purposes in all GSA media.
9. GSA reserves the right to exclude an entry or withdraw a prize in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy the Entry Requirements or these Terms and Conditions.
10. Students are only eligible for a prize if they attend the ceremony or a GSA pre-approved delegate attends on their behalf. Each accepted submission will receive 1 ticket for the artist and 1 ticket for 1 additional guest to the Award Ceremony.
Important information about submitting an entry
Please ensure that you are submitting a clear photograph or your work as we will be displaying these on our website and in a digital brochure. Artwork will be professionally printed onto A2 paper for display at The Art Centre so ensure you comply with dimensions. If your artwork does not meet the A2 size requirement it may be cropped in the printing process.
- Minimum dimensions 1190 x 1683px (or equivalent to A2: 420 x 594 mm)
- Minimum quality 300dpi
- Can be landscape or portrait
GSA does not take responsibility for low quality submissions if they do not meet the minimum requirements.
The GSA Graduate Art Prize is now closed for submissions (12pm Monday 17 October 2022).
For queries please email Kerry Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org