Monday, 03 Dec at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Toy and Book Appeal
Monday 3 December to Tuesday 11 December
This Christmas, GSA is supporting The Smith Family Toy and Book Appeal by hosting our own toy and book collection from 3 December to 11 December.
Every year, The Smith Family’s Toy & Book Appeal provides gifts to children in need who would otherwise go without receiving a gift during the holiday season.
What can I donate?
- Donations of new toys and books help ensure good quality and usability when they are opened on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to accept secondhand, handmade or damaged items.
- This year, there is a shortage of gifts for children between the ages of 6 and 12 years.
- Gifts such as board games and activity-based toys are always well received.
- Don’t forget that your gift should be ready to play with as soon as it’s opened on Christmas morning.
- When you’re deciding what to buy, remember to include batteries if needed, and colouring pencils for colouring-in books.
- No gift-wrapping, please: while it may seem helpful to wrap your gift, this often creates problems in the sorting and packing process. It also means that parents don’t get to see or wrap the gift for their child. Unwrapped gifts only please!
How can I donate?
To help, bring your toys and children’s books to GSA Reception during business hours (9am–5pm, Monday–Friday), between Monday 3 December and Tuesday 11 December.
If you have any questions, just contact us.
About the charity
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity that supports disadvantaged Australian children to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
The Smith Family was established in 1922, and is registered as a Public Benevolent Institution.
For more information about The Smith Family, visit their website: thesmithfamily.com.au