Gain Real World Job Search Experience
Looking to enter the job market in 2024? Join GSA over the summer break for the Job Application challenge and gain real world job search experience and feedback from career development coaches.
The Job Application Challenge is a guided simulation that mirrors the complete job application journey. It provides tools to create a standout CV and cover letter for the jobs you want to target when you leave university, with personalised video feedback on your CV and cover letter.
How Does it Work?
1. Apply via the form below.
2. You will receive your information pack email that includes:
– Online CV Writing course
– Online Personal Value Proposition course
– Specialist CV Template (for target job title)
– Link to target job title mock job ad.
– Instructional video and guide on how to prepare job application.
3. Submit your application to a ‘mock’ job as which includes:
– New CV
– New cover letter
4. Receive feedback on your application from career professionals which includes:
8-10 minute personalised video recording job application suitability, with improvement suggestions.
End to end job application process administered by career development coaches
8-10 minute personalised video recording on each applicant’s CV and cover letter suitability, with improvement suggestions.
Specialist CV Template for the student’s target job title.
Online CV Writing course worth $299 (21 lessons, 7 videos and 5 activity milestones).
Online Personal Value Proposition course worth $299.
Cover letter template with cover letter writing instructions.
Instructional video and guide on how to understand and respond to job ads.
Read and understand job ads and selection criteria
Apply for jobs successfully
Prepare a CV which gets past ATS and wins interviews
Write standout cover letters and selection criteria
Understand how recruiters assess job applications
- Applications open Monday, October 2nd
- Applicants receive information pack email – Monday, 13th November
- Applicants apply for ‘job’ of choice with CV and cover letter – Monday, 20th November
- Applications for ‘job’ close – Thursday, 30th November
Applicants to receive personalised video feedback on their application within 2 weeks of the application close date
Which jobs can you apply for?
You’ll have a variety of job opportunities to explore and “apply” for. If none of these align with your preferences, simply choose ‘Other.’ It’s important to note that while these positions aren’t real, our application process provides a realistic experience.
|1. Research Assistant||6. Consultant|
|2. IT Engineer||7. Construction Engineer|
|3. Project Manager / Officer||8. Accountant / Auditor|
|4. Analyst||9. Marketer|
|5. HR Assistant||10. Other (General Graduate Program)|