- This event has passed.
In this workshop, you’ll gain a solid understanding of LGBTQIA+ identities and ways you can build relationships with the LGBTQIA+ community through better understanding, whether professionally, academically or personally.
This workshop is open to ALL people, whether or not they identify as a LGBTQIA+ person. We encourage participation from all walks of life.
What you’ll learn
Some of the key learnings from the workshop include:
• The tools to build safe and inclusive experiences for colleagues and clients.
• Key concepts and definitions of sex, gender and sexuality.
• Evidence based barriers LGBTQIA+ people face at work and accessing services.
• Practical tools to support LGBTQIA+ people interpersonally and professionally.
• LGBTQIA+ lived-experiences via our expert workshop presenters as they talk about their personal journeys being LGBTIQ, trans or gender diverse.
• Australian-based research examining barriers and discrimination.
This workshop is being hosted by Minus 18, experts in the youth LGBTQIA+ field through comprehensive training and lived experience. Their training programs are very well rated, with 95% of participants recommending their talks and training to others.
How to book
Please click the button to the right to book your place at this FREE event – we hope to see you there!