- This event has passed.
Announcing GSA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Notice for the AGM and the Special Resolution Meeting
2019–2020 GSA General Secretary
GSA Council invites you to GSA’s 26th Annual General Meeting (AGM), to be held on Friday 5 June 2020 from 1.30pm to 2.30pm.
At this meeting, there will be a special resolution to change GSA’s constitution.
Please visit our Constitution info page for the copy of the proposed Constitution, along with documentation explaining the changes and their compliance with Section 50 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act (2012).
Due to physical distancing requirements, this year’s AGM will be held online via Zoom.
GSA has sought out legal advice and the information provided on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website to ensure that all regulations are complied with in holding the AGM via Zoom.
All currently enrolled graduate students at the University of Melbourne are eligible to attend the AGM and vote on its proposals.
Please note that only currently enrolled graduate students are eligible to vote. Enrolment status will be asked for during the registration process, and it will be checked against the University’s enrolment records to ensure that only verified students are voting.
Registering to attend
- You will be sent a Zoom link on Friday 5 June, approximately 15 minutes before the AGM commences.
- Beginning Friday 22 May, registered attendees will also be emailed an Info Pack, containing:
- Minutes of the previous AGM (2019)
- GSA Annual Report, including audited finance report
- A copy of the proposed Constitution (2020)
- Registrations closed 5pm Thursday 4 June.
Note: If you are unable to register before 5pm Thursday 4 June, you can still email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a late registration.