Manager Student Engagement, Communication
University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association
The University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA) is an independent, student-led, not for profit association representing over 36,000 postgraduate students at the University of Melbourne.
We are led by a Council of 15 elected graduate students and managed by a team of experienced professionals, providing education-related programs and services which position our cohort for success during and after the completion of their advanced studies.
A University of Melbourne postgraduate qualification is an incredible asset and GSA is committed to supporting these students through their study at Australia’s #1 ranked university
The role will work with the student engagement team and implement and execute the event functions of the GSA meeting its three objectives of:
- Create fun, social events that help build a strong GSA community.
- Creating greater outreach and awareness of GSA (its purpose and services) via events and activities.
- Help create an image and impression of GSA commensurate with the brand values and operational values of GSA develop and implement our marketing strategies and campaigns to drive brand awareness, student engagement and experience.
The role will also ensure our brand’s unique identity and tone of voice speaks the same language across the multitude of marketing communication channels to ensure we are truly connecting and reaching out to our audience.
Ultimately, you will help us improve our company’s reputation and drive growth.
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree and subsequent relevant experience of at least 4 years in community development, marketing or communication.
- Senior Leadership skills in similar organisation
- Experience with departmental-level budget management
- Experience in leading community engagement social marketing campaigns for community awareness and/or behaviour change
- Ability to provide direction, supervision, leadership and support to staff in communication and student engagement teams
- Ability to create high-level strategies and projects that drive the success of the organisation’s Strategic Plan
- Highly developed project management skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing and responding to media
- A high level of familiarity with the tertiary education sector
- Experience with visual communication, including video and graphic design
- Understanding of broader student political landscape and student issues, such as mental health, diversity and inclusion, research, sustainability, academic integrity and career transitions
Applications close 5:00pm 27 March 2020
Interviews to be held in 1st week of April 2020
Position Description: Manager Student Engagement, Communication
The successful applicant will be required to successfully obtain a current Working with Children Check and have permission to work in Australia with no restrictions. GSA is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background or people with disabilities to apply.