Faculty Council Members – 20 positions
The Election for the Faculty Council takes place after the AGM in May 2021. The original deadline on nominations for the Faculty Council has been extended until midday Saturday 31 July, 2021.
The GSA Board must establish the Faculty Council – a subcommittee for the purpose of advising the GSA Board and Representative Council about service delivery, representation and policy work and any other duties delegated by the GSA Board (Rule 10(b)).
The Faculty Council will comprise two Members from each Faculty who are elected by students from their Faculty in accordance with GSA Board Regulation (Rule 10.9(c)).
GSA Board members and Representative Councillors are not eligible to serve on the Faculty Council (Rule 10(c)).
Role and Powers of Faculty Council
- The GSA Board must establish, by Regulation, a subcommittee to be known as the Faculty Council.
- The purpose of the Faculty Council is to advise the GSA Board and Representative Council about service delivery, representation and policy work and any other duties delegated by the GSA Board.
- The Faculty Council will consist of two Members from each faculty, elected by students from their Faculty in accordance with GSA Board Regulation.
- A person is not eligible to be a Faculty Council member if they are a GSA Board member of a Representative Councillor.
- The Faculty Council must meet at least once per quarter.
- The President or a GSA Board delegate will act as chairperson at all Faculty Council meetings.
- The GSA Board will endeavour to ensure that the Faculty Council provides for fair representation of all students.