Social event Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions for Events, Activities and GSA Offerings
We are always striving to provide you with the best possible experience, and in return we ask only that you follow the terms and conditions set out on this page.
These General Terms and Conditions apply to all events, activities and promotional offerings by GSA. All offerings, discounts and prizes are not fixed, and are subject to change or to be removed at any time, at the discretion of GSA.
Special Terms and Conditions may apply to particular offerings, in which case these will be outlined on the pages and material specific to that offering.
By registering for an event, activity of offering, participants agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions, and any Special Terms and Conditions appearing on pages related to that particular offering.
GSA events, activities and support offerings are intended for currently enrolled University of Melbourne Graduate Students. In most cases you will need to provide your student email and ID number to register for an activity. GSA reserves the right to refuse offerings to individuals who have not provided enough information to verify that are a currently enrolled University of Melbourne Graduate Student.
DISTRIBUTION OF VOUCHERS AND PRIZES
GSA reserves the right to adjust, change or remove any voucher amount or prize type without notice.
All vouchers and prizes can only be distributed to currently enrolled University of Melbourne Graduate Students.
Programs Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to GSA workshops, Thesis Bootcamps, etc.
GSA runs programs designed for graduate students at the University of Melbourne. These programs support graduate students in the areas of study, preparing for work, volunteering, research, arts, sustainability, and health and wellbeing.
- We offer an expanding range of highly subsidised and high quality programs.
- Our programs can cost in excess of $100 per participant to deliver.
- We charge reasonable and highly competitive rates for University of Melbourne (UoM) graduate students; our usual flat rate for a program is $15.
- We charge for two reasons:
- To encourage graduate students to value our courses and minimise of registered students;
- To recoup a portion of costs in order to expand programs and maximise program delivery with our limited budget.
- There are 4 price categories:
- UoM graduate students (starting at $15);
- UoM undergraduate and non-UoM students (starting at $30);
- UoM staff (starting at $50); and
- externals (starting at $60).
- GSA will prioritise UoM graduate student bookings wherever possible.
- Some events will be charged at higher rates to reflect the significant cost of running the event, and some events will be free.
- If you have significant financial hardship and are accessing university financial aidor have a concession card, please contact us – email@example.com .
- If you can find an equivalent program advertised at the same or lower price than GSA’s please email us with the details and we will reconsider our pricing.
- All registration for workshops will be conducted online and payment if required will be via the GSA website using a credit card or PayPal account.
- If a third party is ordering for you they can enter your details via the website and pay on your behalf.
- If you have purchased a student or staff ticket, please make sure you bring your student or staff card when you attend the workshop. GSA may check student IDs and reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who is reasonably suspected of deliberately purchasing the wrong ticket.
- We will only provide refunds according to the following notice period:
- More than 14 days: 100% refund
- Less than 14 days: 50% refund
- 72 hours prior to or on the start date: no refund unless you have proven compassionate or medical reasons
- Please allow 5-7 working days for refunds to be processed.
- Please read the course description carefully before attending programs.
Close door policy
- When we run a program, we expect attendees to at least 5 minutes before in order to sign in to the program. Early is on time, and on time is late. Late attendees hold up proceedings for everyone else.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to attendees to any program if they do not arrive within 5 minutes after a clearly advertised start time: late attendees will not be issued any refunds.
Cancellations and schedule changes
- It rarely happens, but we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule workshops due to low enrolment or unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of this happening we will refund your registration fee back on to the PayPal or Credit Card you used to make the original payment.
- If we can reschedule, you will have the option of attending or receiving a refund.