2019 Art Prize: Commencing 28 August
You don’t have to be an artist to express yourself.
The GSA Art Prize is an annual event that celebrates student creativity and reflects the diversity of their interests outside their area of study. The competition is open to all current University of Melbourne graduate students, and celebrates creativity outside of your studies.
With over $2,000 worth of cash and prizes to be won, entries from the graduate student community will once again be stunning, insightful and varied.
Theme: What boosts your mental health?
Thursday 10 October, the final day of the Art Prize exhibition, is World Mental Health Day.
To celebrate this day, and to raise awareness of the crucial issue of mental health, the 2019 Art Prize will showcase the power of art to create hope.
The theme of the competition is: what boosts your mental health? What gives you meaning, what buoys and motivates you, and what are you thankful for?
To help embrace this theme and inspire your entries, GSA will be sharing resources and models of positive mental health over social media in the coming weeks.
- Wednesday 28 August: Entries open
- Thursday 19 September: Entries close (unless extension has been registered)
- Wednesday 25 September: Extended deadline closes
- Tuesday 8 October: Artwork exhibition opens in the Gryphon Gallery, 1888 Building
- Thursday 10 October, 4pm–6pm: Winners announced at the exhibition closing ceremony
- 1st prize: $1,000 cash
- 2nd prize: $600 cash
- 3rd prize: $300 cash
- Winner of popular vote: $150 cash plus a one-year NGV membership (valued at $73–$105)
Entering your artwork
Entries have closed. We hope you enjoy the exhibition.
Viewing the exhibition and attending the ceremony
You may freely browse the exhibition during business hours from Tuesday 8 October onwards until the award ceremony. The award ceremony commences on Thursday 10 October at 4pm.
If you wish to attend the award ceremony, please RSVP through the link below. All welcome!