Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When and where is the 2019 Graduate Ball?
- Date: Friday 6 September 2019
- Time: Doors open at 7:30pm, and the event will go until 12:30am.
- Where: Plaza Ballroom, 191 Collins St
2. What food and drinks are available?
- Dinner will be an extravagant three-course fine dining experience. Tantalising details will be available closer to the date.
- Drinks will include unlimited free access to the beer, wine, soft drink and cider being served on the night. Spirits can be purchased at the bar.
3. Where do I list special dietary requirements or food allergies?
- You will be able to fill out your dietary requirements in an online form after booking your tickets.
4. I want to sit with my friends. How do I choose my seats?
- If you buy a “table booking” for 10, a full table will be reserved for your group.
- If you buy individual tickets in one purchase, they will be seated together.
- If you and your friends buy individual tickets in separate purchases, you can request to be seated with each other during the booking process. We will do our best to assign seating with your preferences in mind, but with this method it is not guaranteed.
5. Can I bring people who are not students?
- Yes. Our ticket discounts are based on the purchaser being a student, but you can bring friends (or book a table with friends) who are non-students.
6. Group bookings: What if I have a larger group? Can I book a table for eleven, twelve or more?
Tables will seat a maximum of ten people. If you have a larger group, you could have ten on one table and buy additional tickets for individuals to sit nearby.
7. Group bookings: Can I book for smaller group sizes, e.g. four, seven, eight (etc.)?
Unfortunately, ticket types cannot cater to every possible group size. If your group has six people, for example, you would simply purchase six individual tickets. If all the tickets are purchased in the same booking, you will be seated together at the same table.
8. Accessibility and car parking
- Lift access, ramps and accessible toilet facilities are available at the venue.
- You can obtain discounted car parking at a nearby Wilson Car Park by booking in advance.
Please visit the Plaza Ballroom website for more information.
9. What’s the dress code?
Dress to impress for an evening of fabulous dining and dancing. This could include any of the following:
- Formal or elegant
- Lounge or cocktail
- Black tie/white tie
- 2019: Add a subtle costume effect by wearing hints of fire or ice.
Check out more tips and ideas for the dress code.
10. Do I need to know how to dance?
No no, it’s fine. Just relax and have fun!
11. What are the ‘awards’ about?
GSA recognises exceptional students with three annual awards: Grad Group of the Year, Student Leader of the Year, and the Broader Campuses Leader Award.
These awards will be announced during the evening at approximately 9pm.
12. Help! I’ve got a question that isn’t covered.
For more help, just email our events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.