Start a Grad Group
Grad Groups are formed by affiliating with GSA. Affiliation provides benefits such as:
- Grant opportunities
- Networking through GSA
- Special Grad Group–only events
… and more!
What you need to affiliate
If you’re interested in forming a Grad Group, you’ll need just six University of Melbourne graduate students, a bank account, a constitution (with some basic requirements that we will provide to you), a governing committee (for example, President, Treasurer and Secretary), a Group email address and to hold a meeting where your members vote to affiliate with us.
We can help you with all these steps and have plenty of templates, so just get in touch!
To talk through the benefits of affiliating, find out what funding opportunities there are and discuss the affiliation process, feel free to book in with the Grad Groups team here. You can also email us at email@example.com to get started.
To submit your application to, please fill out all the sections below. You’ll need:
- You group details and description
- A copy of your Constitution
- Your membership list and membership details
- Your committee list
- Minutes from the meeting where you voted to affiliate
- Details of your bank account and signatories
- Your group’s logo
- Social media and contact details