Free equipment hire
GSA has AV, catering and general events equipment available for Grad Groups to hire free of charge for use with the GSA building and, where applicable, the Parkville campus. The list of items is detailed below. All equipment hire is subject to availability and health and safety requirements, as set by GSA.
How to hire
You can request equipment via the Event Registration Forms:
If you have already submitted your event registration form or are not ready to submit your form and want to inquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request equipment.
Terms of hire
- Your Grad Group must absorb any costs associated with damaged or lost equipment.
- Equipment may only be used within the Parkville campus or GSA 1888 Building and Front Lawn as noted.
- Equipment must be collected from and returned to GSA Reception during office hours.
- If you require equipment overnight, you must confirm that you have a safe and secure space to store it.
- If you are transporting larger items, you must have a safe form of transport.
- All equipment hire is subject to availability and health and safety requirements, as set by GSA.
The BBQ is available for use in the GSA Courtyard, Front Lawn and areas in close proximity to the 1888 Building. If you are unsure whether you location applies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While hire is free, you will be asked to provide credit card details at GSA Reception for collection. Your details will be securely stored until the BBQ and equipment is returned. To hire the BBQ, you will need to provide a completed food safety plan as part of your Event Registration.
Download the Barbecue Hire and Usage Guide here.
List of equipment available
- Bean bags
- GSA banners
- GSA bunting
- GSA umbrellas*
- Picnic blankets
- Table cloths
- Trestle tables
- Whiteboard and flipchart
- Bluetooth speakers*
- Smart TV*
- Speaker with two wireless microphones*
- Walkie talkies with earpieces*
- Barbecue (see above)
- Barbecue equipment (tongs, gloves, spray, cleaning products, fire blanket)
- Chaffing dishes and tongs
- Eskies (cool box)
- Microwave access*
- Serving platters
- Soup warmers
* Available within the GSA 1888 Building and Front Lawn only.