When and where is the event being held?
- When: Friday 1 September 2017
- Where: Plaza Ballroom, 191 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
How long does the event go for?
Doors open at 7pm, and the event will go until midnight.
What drinks are available?
Your ticket gives you unlimited free access to the beer, wine, cider and soft drink being served on the night. Spirits will also be for sale at the bar.
What food is being served?
- Dinner will be a three-course meal:
- a main
- a dessert
- and then a second main later on. (Yes, we're serious.)
Where do I list special dietary requirements or food allergies?
You can list dietary requirements or allergies during the online ticket booking. If you've already finished booking and need to add more information, you can return to your Eventbrite account and edit your previous booking.
How do the "awards" work?
This year, GSA will be presenting awards to notable graduate students and Graduate Groups in our community. The winners of these awards will be announced during the Nightmare Ball.
Check our main Graduate Ball page for background info and categories, or check out the Nomination Form for instructions.
Is there parking available?
Parking information can be found at the Plaza Ballroom’s website here.
Will there be set seating or table bookings?
- If you buy a “Full table booking” for 10, a table will be reserved for your group.
- If you buy a "Half table booking" for 5, you will all be seated on the same table along with 5 others.
- If you buy individual tickets in one purchase, they will be seated together.
- If your friends buy individual tickets in separate purchases, you can request to be seated with others (or with half table bookings) and we will do our best to assign seating with your preferences in mind – but it is not guaranteed.
What if I have a larger group? Can I book a table for eleven, twelve or more?
Tables will seat a maximum of ten people. If you have a larger group, you could have ten on one table and buy additional tickets for individuals to sit nearby.
Can I book for other group sizes, e.g. four, seven, eight (etc.)?
Unfortunately, we cannot cater to every possible group size. If your group has seven people, for instance, you could book a half-table (5) plus two individual tickets and request that they be seated together.
I'm not from the University of Melbourne – can I still attend?
Is this a Halloween party?
No, this is not a Halloween party. This is a nightmare!
What is the dress code?
The dress code is formal/elegant only – so keep it classy!